12 new technologies of greatest interest at CES 2019
The world famous CES user electronics exhibition has been held since 1967, and is considered one of the most respected. World leaders in the production of technology brought here a huge number of new products. At various times during the event, such cult devices and technologies as the first video recorder and optical disc, DVD and HDTV, Xbox and IPTV were presented. In 2019, the company also pleased with a lot of interesting things. We consider 12 new technologies that seem to be the most valuable and promising.
12 new technologies that have become the main novelties of CES 2019
- Bell Nexus. The world-famous manufacturer of helicopters has developed a draft taxi that will carry people by air. An agreement has already been signed with Uber to conduct tests. The trial launch will take place in 2021.
- Hyundai Elevate. The Korean auto giant has moved away from traditional cars on wheels, and replaced them with mechanized “legs”. It is expected that such a robot will be able to provide great assistance in rescue work, especially in rough terrain. “Legs” of the vehicle are able to “step” through barriers, the height of which reaches 1.5 m. On the basis of the development, experts plan to release vehicles for people with disabilities. A mini version of the robot will help them get into buildings that are not equipped with ramps.
- Remote-piloted vehicles from Daimler. The German carmaker introduced trucks of 4 level of autonomy. They are able to move independently, but nevertheless have the opportunity to switch to human control. The tests will begin in 2019. Full integration of the development will take place within the next 10 years.
- Car with a replaceable body from Mercedes. Auto giant from Germany brought to the exhibition the concept of a modular vehicle with the ability to select the desired body. Vision Urbanetic model can be both a truck and a car.
- New autopilot from Nvidia. The development can be used on private cars, giving them opportunities to identify pedestrians, cars, control over the vehicle and change lanes on highways.
- Samsung exoskeletons. GEMS technology will be applied to recover people from hip, knee or ankle injuries. Models are able to save up to 20% of user power, and provide excellent stability.
- LG Signature. A 65-inch TV that can be rolled up. It is equipped with OLED-monitor, which comes out by the command of the console in just a few seconds.
- Intel Ice Lake. The new generation of processors for computers from the world famous company. The launch of the technology was planned in 2016, but it had to be postponed. They are equipped with an updated graphics core, increased cache memory, can seriously increase the autonomy of laptops.
- Intel Athena. A project aimed at producing a line of computers supporting 5G and artificial intelligence. The main tasks of the series are the development of gadgets that can operate for up to 24 hours without additional charge, with the operational launch of the system and assistants who will simplify the work.
- AMD Ryzen 3000. The company introduced chips with 7 nm process, which will compete with Intel Core i9-9900k. Testing has shown that Ryzen processors are characterized by increased performance and lower power consumption.
- Virtual helmets from HTC. Chinese giant presented the Pro Eye development. It is characterized by the presence of a sensor tracking view. After receiving the necessary information, the helmet automatically directs the resources of that part of the picture where the user is looking.
- Smart mirror from Care OS. Thanks to augmented reality, a person chooses the appropriate parameters in advance and will be able to see if any haircut or makeup is suitable.